SHORT COURSE 1: Poetry, or the limit of the written word.
Prof. Dr. Fernando Marques
- Description: One of the characteristics of poetry is that it uses a musical language, supported by sound and rhythm. Alliterations, anaphora and assonances create a sound echo that is only fully perceptible when reading orally. Poetic language, however, is also made up of pauses and elucidating silences that say much more than any word. That is why only an interpretation that considers these aspects can give the poem its full meaning. It is through reading orally that poetry returns to the word its enchanting power, capable of acting on the emotion and intelligence of the listener.
Number of meetings and duration: 2 of 2 hours each = total: 4 hours
First session – date: November 8, 2021 – 15-17h
Scheduled content: A few theoretical principles of modern and contemporary poetry
• Reading modern and contemporary poetry. Or freeing yourself from the form to find another form.
• Being a poet is not just about writing poetry.
• It is through the five senses that the poet expresses their perception of the world.
• The strength of memorization.
• Your voice in mine.
• Poetry is genderless, because emotion is genderless.
Second session – date: November 9, 2021 – 15-17h
Practical interpretation exercises (for this exercise, participants must choose a poem they like, preferably poetry from the 20th and 21st centuries).
• Gesture proceeds from voice; the body proceeds from the mind; the voice betrays the purpose; intonation is the timbre of poetic melody; from silence I come, to silence I go.
• The other in the self, the self in the other.
SHORT COURSE 2: “Los Heraldos Negros” e a Vanguarda
Profa. Dra. Silvia Adoue
- Description: This short course aims to discuss the causes of the emergence of the vanguard. For this, we will analyze, at first, the “Los heraldos negros” (“The Black Heralds”), by Peruvian surrealist poet César Vallejo (1892-1938). Afterwards, we will study the historical context in which the poem circulated. We will then discuss the challenges of representing the state of mind brought by the great historical changes of this period.
Number of meetings and duration: 1 meeting of 2 hours.
Date: November 10, 2021 – 15-17h